Tommy lives in an anti-squatting complex in the center of Brussels. Most of his 15000 piece collection is displayed in his spacious living room, the rest of them are stored at his parents’ or in the basement of his workplace Les Atelier Claus. Tommy has been working as the booker for this renowned space - think live music venue meets art gallery - for the last six years. He hosts his own radio show on American radio Dublab as well as Brussels stations Radio Panik and The Word Radio.
As a child, Tommy remembers pulling out The Beatles and Pink Floyd albums out of his father’s record cabinet. During the edgy 90s, he got absorbed by indie rock which marked the start of his collection. “It’s incredible that I can book people like Thurston Mooie of Sonic Youth in my own club today.” Tommy kick started his own label and distribution AIM around the turn of the century, taking care of about a hundred labels. After that he started collaborating with the experimental Kraak collective, until Frans Claus offered him a position.
Tommy is a musical gourmand, always eager to learn more. As he plays an eclectic selection tunes on his powerful sound system, the stories follow swiftly. About the music of Ken Nordine for example, widely known for his voice-over work on thousands of American commercials. "Such an extraordinary voice. I actually met his granddaughter at a record store in Los Angeles once. She told me her grandfather would tell her bedtime stories when she was a little girl.”
- Roberto De Simone / Nuova Compagnia Di Canto Popolare / Compagnia Il Cerchio: La Gatta Cenerentola
- Alice Coltrane With Strings: World Galaxy
- Gal Costa: Índia
- C.O.B.: Moyshe McStiff And The Tartan Lancers Of The Sacred Heart
- Sun Ra And His Intergalactic Infinity Arkestra: The Night Of The Purple Moon
- Ken Nordine: Colors: A Sensuous Listening Experience
- Daniel Schell - Dick Annegarn: Egmont And The Ff Boom
- Igor Wakhevitch: Hathor
- ZNR: Barricade 3
- Damin Eih, A.L.K. And Brother Clark: Nevermind